After hours of skillfully wielding a paintbrush I’m happy to say all the beehive parts I got from the other Mark have been painted. He built them and primed them and then I took over from there. Starting with leftover paint from the garage—sage green–I purchased a small can each of steel blue and lavender to provide some interest. This weekend, provided the weather cooperates, we’ll be gathering with some children and adults to stencil and paint flowers, bees and who-knows-what on the boxes. The additional artwork and different-colored hives should help the bees keep track of which hive is their home.